Friday, April 1, 2011

Poster Mockup


I got a poster commission from an event organizer I met through volunteering. Here's my first mock up, which I just sent to the client.


It's a rock show, and I tried to incorporate the school colors (but I HATE purple, so.. yeah.)


Thoughts? Any and all suggestions/criticisms welcome. This is my first paid commission and I do NOT want to fuck it up. I have a casual meeting with the client tomorrow. For more of my (older) posters: http://www.jennrichards.com/posters.php

2 comments:

  1. Whoo! Paid work, awesome Jenn!

    The purple text is a little hard to read against the background.

    I'd add a very subtle light yellow / orange (match the tones of the "FOX AND THE LAW; ECHO REASON..." verbiage) stroke to the lettering (like, if you're using Photoshop, use a stroke layer effect with an almost-white yellow color, and knock the opacity of the stroke down to 25~50%)

    Or something. It'll make it a little more readable. Otherwise, without knowing the context of course, I think it looks fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was having a difficult time with that very same issue, and I think I will just go with a border. For some reason I couldn't figure it out last night, but I think especially bringing the opacity down on that will be nice and subtle. Thanks for your comment. :)

    ReplyDelete